Monday, December 24, 2012

Carb Rebuild

After a second attempt at getting her to start, it was obvious that something was wrong with the carb. Fuel is just dripping out of the carb body. Called my local dealer and they actually had the carb kit of the motor. On the way back with the kit I grabbed a gallon of chemtool parts cleaner. The carb came off easy enough. Then I removed the choke pressure acctuator, and the float bowl. The float was in pieces and the needle valve was shot as well as the fuel inlet valve. With it completely apart, all the parts went into the basket and then into the parts cleaner. Then I walked away for 24 hours. Next day I pulled the parts out and all the old crud and paint were coming off. Over to the sink and lots of hot water later the parts looked brand new. Back to the work bench where new parts from the carb kit were installed. Carb was reassembled and made ready to put back on the motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment