Friday, July 6, 2012

New Boat Project

As if the 1974 boat was not enough, I now have a 1961 Crestliner cuddy cabin to work on as well. This is actually the boat that I grew up with. The hull is in pretty good shape, but has some damage typical of 50+ year old fiberglass. The transom has started walking aft as well. So far it has bowed almost 2 inches at the top from true. The goal of the first day of ownership was to well own it. It took 3 trips between the court house and the registery agent before all the paper work was right and the state issued me a new registration in my name. With that cleared up we hooked on to her and pulled it to its new storage place. In a couple of months the goal is to trailer it on to Oklahoma where I can start tearing into her. Hopefully before the winter as I would like to have a good deal of it done over this winter and ready to start thinking about the water in 2013 and certainly by 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment